Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cloud Pie-The latest piece

So, you ever get really bored in school, and you draw something so awesome that it should be a print or a full blown sketch with coloring and everything?  Well that is exactly what my new piece cloud pie is....I took a sketch from school, professionally traced, copied, and colored it in....but something that makes it more different then most pieces I draw, is that I colored it in with CRAYONS!!!CRAYONS!!!!  So let me explain the process....
1.Take drawing, place on sketch table-  Pretty self explanatory....I took and positioned the piece on my sketch table, and placed tracing paper over it.  Also, heres what it looked like originally...
2.Trace, and perfect-  well not really perfect....when tracing the paper so I can put it on a copy machine, I can use scrap paper to blank out mistakes, even if it doesn't look perfect at that moment...The process, or the tracing looks like this:
(Yeah, I know...it looks just slapped on....pieces of paper simply taped over bleeding marks and stuff...but once put on the black and white scanner, it goes unnoticed...even the orange cheese puff stains...)
3.Scanned-  The paper after scanning is placed back on the drawing board before coloring, in order to get all the perfect parts of the drawing...You will notice that all the tape marks, cheese puff stains, and tape shadows are also unnoticeable.
4.Colored- YES, WITH CRAYONS!!!!  I kind of wanted it to sort of like the album cover of green day, with the explosion and the poorly highlighted crayon marks.  As much as it may seem easy to most people, making something look poorly drawn but poppy is hard.  This is because when someone finishes a drawing they end up over enhancing it, giving it too deep of shadow marks, or too fat of legs....in the end giving it sort of a overanalyzed 3d sort of look, or a view that gives the person so much details that when people see it they wonder how the person can move.....this is different, and you can see why...perfection of the piece is not the key to art, the main idea is....

No comments:

Post a Comment